Friday, May 6, 2011

#32 Nips

Well it has finally happened!
I tripped off to see my plastic fantastic yesterday, where I sat in his waiting room for what seemed like hours. I always seem to be waiting in Doctor's rooms these days. Fortunately I had Kerri Sackville's book "When my husband does the dishes" to keep me occupied.  I was sitting there laughing to myself and hubby would keep asking what was so funny! My response annoyed him "secret woman's business"! But I digress... Just buy the book and you will know what I mean!

I watched an array of people coming out of his room with noses covered in bandages, arms in slings, leaving me wondering if I was in the correct place to have new nipples made! Finally my name was called and in I went to a familiar room where I had to strip off my top half & hop on the bed. There were two nurses there, the lovely Laura who has been at most of my appointment & another. I was given some local anesthetic to numb my breasts and then a sheet with a hole in it was put over my breast as they prepared me for the procedure. As he began I could feel him cutting into me (Not in a painful way) just the pressure it was weird, then came the stitching. They chattered amongst themselves (the nurses & Dr) throughout most of the procedure asking me the occasional question. I asked about the tattooing that would come after my nipples have healed and the Dr asked if i wanted to meet the lady who does it, as she was around at the time. So in comes this lovely woman, who asks if I mind her being there during my procedure. Which I didn't at all. She had never seen the procedure done, even though she does the tattooing, which I thought was interesting.
We chattered while the Dr did the second nipple. She was telling me how she has tattooed flowers on some women, she said she should learn how to do other tattoo's in case someone wanted something different. I think by the look on my face she realised that wasn't going to be me, she laughed and said she could just do a nipple... Phew!!

When he the plastic surgeon had finished I was allowed to look at my lovely new nipples with a mirror before they applied the dressings. Not really sure what I thought, everyone was saying what a wonderful job he had done, all I could think of was wow, all those stitches and blood....and these little nobs! I hope they look better next week when the dressings come off!

I had a list of do's and don't s given to me & away I went. I  needed a wine tonight!

5 comments:

  1. Well you deserve the wine girl.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I wanted to do while reading that was sing - "the nips are getting bigger". Is that bad?

    You are so brave. I may ask to see those new nipples on Tuesday! (LOL Joking).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha Annie, no that's not bad! Look forward to Tuesday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kept thinking the nips are getting bigger song too. Sorry ...
    Who knew you could get flowers too?
    Seriously, hope your boobs and nipples are all you hoped for.
    Looking forward to the next installment. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can understand not being sure of what you thought. When I had the breast reduction all I could see was the suture lines etc. Eventually I could see what they were talking about though and my surgeon did a great job :) even if I do say so myself lol

    ReplyDelete