Tuesday, November 9, 2010

#21 Doctor's Appointment

Well I had my follow up appointment on Monday at the plastic surgeon's rooms. We arrived & once again the gorgeous Laura was there to great us. She removed my dressings from my FLAP's & Stomach. The stomach wound was a bit confronting as I have been cut from one hip to the other & it was still looking a little red & oozy in places. Not pretty at all!
Laura then took me off to have my photo's taken, lovely, NOT! The plastic surgeon then came in had a look, was happy with the shape of my FLAP's & explained that the hardening will lessen over time & when he recreates my nipples in about 6 months if it hasn't sorted out he will attend to it then. (what ever that means)

I had a few questions for him such as, when can I drive the car? Can I have coffee yet? (have been dying without it), what cream to use for the scaring? When can I take off this god awful girdle? etc...

I was surprised & elated when he said I can have coffee, take off the girdle & start doing short drives in the car. Woo Hoo! Cause for celebration!! He will see me again in a month as everything is going so well.

I had to go & make an appointment with the physio, they will help with my stomach muscles & arm movements. My left arm (where the lymph nodes have been removed) is still quiet numb, sore & limited in movement. So I go to see them in another two weeks.

Hubby & I decided to drop into my work as it is only around the corner from the hospital. Was so lovely to see all the girls & they were so happy to see me. I made a return to work date with my manager in two weeks. She will put me on for a short shift to start with. Can't wait!

When we left work we went straight to the local coffee shop, I had to have my fix! :-)
As soon as I got home I had my daily walk & then straight off with the girdle! Who wants to come to a girdle burning party?? It will be happening soon! xo

1 comment:

  1. Nicky, this is a very positive blog post! Lots of happy things going on, starting with drinking coffee again!

    ReplyDelete