Thursday, November 25, 2010

#23 Moving on

I guess it's time to blog again!

Well where do I start?? I went back to work this week, doing a short 4 hour shift. It was lovely to be back, but I felt a little nervous for some reason. I was sure I'd forgotten everything I had learnt on the computer & was a little scared to answer the phones. Really silly, once I was back into it nothing has really changed in 6 weeks of course, just my imagination! It was crazy busy, and the 4 hours flew by.........

Tuesday I had my physio appointment & as my eldest son was off school, he drove me into the hospital to try & get his driving hours up. The physio I had to see turned out to be the same physio that had me doing the wrong exercises in ICU!! Okay so let's see if she can help me out today or will I come away as a waist of time! Turns out my lack of movement in the left arm isn't as common as I was lead to believe (according to the physio) So she went through a whole bunch of stretches (Painful) to try & gain more movement. She also showed me how to massage my scarring & talked about different types of lotions or oils to use. I'm going with Bio Oil which is suppose to be amazing for scar healing. By the end of the session I already had a bit more movement in my arm, so I guess she isn't so crazy after all. She said I need to come back for a couple more sessions to make sure the arm is improving.

Wednesday was back to work again & I was feeling a bit sore after the physio yesterday, so by the end of my shift I was really tired. The girls however were able to persuade me to go down the road with them to one of our wholesaler friends to shop! How could I resist? Sorry babe, they made me do it!
I bought a couple of gorgeous dresses, which will be great for some of the Christmas party's we are off to.

Thursday was a rest day!! Well it was suppose to be, but I got bored & went & did some Christmas shopping. It's gotta be done right? :-)

Today Friday, was my appointment with my breast surgeon. He is so lovely! He confirmed that I do not need to have any further treatment including hormone treatment as they type of cancer I had was not hormone based. So that was all good news! I have to see him every 6 months for the next 5 years & then 12 monthly after that. Driving back from seeing him, I found myself crying! Not really sure why, but am feeling quiet emotional today.....

I have been doing my exercises each day, which I hate as they are painful, but I really need to get my arm back to normal so I can drive my car (instead of hubby's shit box auto) sorry babe, but I love my car!

I have to keep all my positive energy going, I have so much to look forwards to & to be thankful for! Looking forward to the next few weeks as I have Christmas party's & a weekend in Tamworth with my whole family. Can't wait to see them all!

6 comments:

  1. I'm not at all surprised you were crying- you have been through so much! So glad to hear you are back at work and moving forward. Wishing you a happy festive season- enjoy!!- and a very healthy 2011.
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks Kylie, I've never been much of a cryer, but these days it doesn't take much! Hope you & your fam have a wonderful Christmas also. Here's to 2011, has to be better than 2010 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hugs* You know youre a very very special lady don't you? and its not because of this little speed bump that I say it. Whenever I see your little noodle self pop up in my tweetdeck I have no choice but to smile. Luffs ya muchly xxx Tan aka church_cucumber

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww Cukey you are too sweet! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's okay to cry when you need to, and sometimes touch and exercise can make the dam burst. You would not be normal if you didn't need to cry, and it's very healing. I don't know why, but psychologists also say it's even more healing if the tears are witnessed by someone else. Just think of it as part of the healing process. I am in awe of you and how you are tackling the challenges in your life. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to know Bronnie... Well the damn burst last night infront of my girlfriend so there u go! :-)

    ReplyDelete