Thursday, October 21, 2010

#10 life in hospital

Mostly the nursing staff have been fantastic, but I have noticed that some of the older nurses were more rough, grumpy & bossy! (not exactly what you need when your recovering) The young girls are always so friendly & upbeat which makes all the difference to your day! I was even lucky enough to have a young hot male nurse for a couple of afternoons :-) (a bit Bear Grylls rugged looking) Made me think of my lovely friend in Sydney J (you know who you are honey) You would have been drooling!

Day four started off okay I was up & given a shower, but as the day went on & I hadn't used my bowels for 5 days I became very uncomfortable. Funny how something we all take for granted can cause so much pain when we can't do it. The nurses gave me all sorts of cocktails of laxatives, but nothing was working. I went to bed that night in a lot of pain. One of the older nurses (abrupt & matter of fact) came in dosed me up with pain killers gave me a peppermint tea & hot packs for my back & tummy. Amazingly this really helped. It was a long night, but when morning came so too did some bowel action! Thank God!

I walked, showered & felt soooo much better. The day progressed with me getting rid of my catheter & getting myself up & down. By lunch time I was actually hungry for the first time. Lunch was great!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for the hot nurses. Helps when the old ducks who really should give it up don't. If they no longer enjoy it, they should really go do something else.

    I've always found 4 or 5 dried apricots soaked in warm water do the trick. For next time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicky, I am now caught up. You take care. You have a friend in Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are on the mend.. at both ends :) Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete