Monday, October 4, 2010

#5 Nipples

Surgery is getting closer, when I think about what is going to happen, it terrifies me. The decision to have a double mastectomy was difficult & when I think about the fact (& this may make most of you cringe) that I won't have nipples, I wonder if I'm doing the right thing! Of course I am, for long term good health, but seriously creeped out by the nipple thing! Some of you may think TMI, & that would be a good call. When I asked the plastic surgeon how he reconstructs them, he said if he told me he'd have to kill me. I laughed & waited for him to tell me...... No response. Okay then I guess I probably don't want to know.

The tattooing & reconstruction (not sure how) happens between 3 & 6 months after the mastectomy. So I guess I'll be able (Or not) to share that experience when it happens.... Some of you may avoid that blog (I'd like to).

No comments:

Post a Comment