Friday, October 22, 2010

#11 More test results

Up until this point I hadn't even given my test results a second thought! All I could think about was what kind of hell am I in & when will it end!!

My doctor came to give me the results, which he hadn't mentioned before, but was concerned that in fact the cancer had spread.. As I had made the decision under his advise to have a mastectomy there was really no need (In his opinion) to worry me before he had all the tests back. When he went in, he found that some of my lymph nodes had discoloured. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but can be an indicator. Instead of taking 2 nodes he then took 5 out. My other breast had a cluster that was questionable & apparently was starting to show changes also.

As he's telling me this, I'm thinking, I don't think I can handle being told that after all of this I'm also going to need chemo... Fortunately,this was not the case & although my tumour was larger than they had expected & was beginning to spread, having a mastectomy meant they had taken it all & the lymph nodes were all clear!

This is cause for celebration! I just wish I felt like having a wine....... :-) Soon I'm sure!

1 comment: