Thursday, October 28, 2010

#18 Bed Sores

Each day I feel a little better & stronger & can do a little more for myself. My walks increase distance each day which is good. Can't wait until I can go for a run, but I think that will still be a few weeks away.

I unfortunately developed bed sores on my heels. I had to head to the podiatrist to have some of the dead skin shaved off to try & relieve my heels. Bed sores are like blood blisters that you get when you have been left immobile in one position. My eldest sister (a nurse) said it was bad that they hadn't moved my feet during the 12 hour surgery. She said that is where is would have happened & it really shouldn't have. My feet have been pretty sore & it makes it hard to walk, but they are getting better since the podiatrist visit. At least I didn't get them on my ass! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm glad they're not on your ass too... at least you can get heel balm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO - I'm sure we could find ass balm if we tried hard enough........

    ReplyDelete