Thursday, October 7, 2010

#7 Organising

Well we are getting closer now to my surgery day! I have put back on, the couple of extra kilos I'd lost after my bowel infection, which is good, although I think they may have come in the form of haemorrhoid's!! They are making me seriously grumpy, if anyone has a quick fix please share with me. TMI I know, sorry!

Like the true Virgo I am, I have started packing my bag for hospital, buying little travel versions of my toiletries & writing lists for my husband & sister. I just realised that I only have 1 pair of PJ's, so I'll have to hit the shops on the weekend. I even made the family pose for photo's so that I could take a recent one in to hospital with me. It's the one on my twitter account. I love it!

Instead of bandages for this surgery they use elasticised garments, which I was measured for a few weeks ago. Went in & had a fitting for them earlier in the week & they are like a body suit that holds you in like a girdle. Awkward to get into & very tight. Hoping they won't be too uncomfortable as I have to wear them for 6 weeks.

Well I'm going to make the most of this weekend & catch up with some friends as well as my sister who arrives Saturday! Hope everyone has a great weekend & I'll keep you all posted on my blog when I can.
Thanks for all your support it has been amazing! xoxo

5 comments:

  1. I just love your attitude and feel really honoured that you are sharing this personal journey with us. Enjoy this weekend & enjoy all the spoiling that will come after your surgery. Will be thinking of you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you probably shopped already but Cotton On Body has lots of cute PJ's and they're not too exxy either. I like Peter Alexander but they're quite pricey, so COB is a nice compromise :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Greta, that's exactly where I went! Great suggestion! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's not really a lot I can say as I don't know you as well as I should. It's amazing how it seems only bad news brings people together. From Denise and I, we sincerely wish you, Gavin and your kids the very best and hope that you recover as fast and completely as possible. Good luck, our thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete