Monday, October 4, 2010

#6 After thoughts

You know I've always thought I was very fortunate, lucky if you like! In the back of my mind I have always expected something tragic to happen! Why should my life be so great when others suffer so much? Not that I'm saying my situation is tragic, but the bubble has definately burst!

It's amazing how you find your true friends when things like this impact on your life! I have been overwhelmed with phone calls, texts & emails (not to mention tweets) from friends. It's been amazing and I thank everyone for their support!

My sister was the first person I called (well actually I got my hubby to call her, I couldn't) She wanted to race straight up here to be with me! Such a gorgeous girl! I had to convince her that we needed to see doctors & see what was happening, then she could come up & spend time with me. She is arriving on Saturday before my surgery & staying to help out & spend time with me for two weeks. I can't wait to see her! Now I have two other older siblings & I have to say I have never had so many phone calls from my brother & eldest sister! Nice to have my family trying to give me support, when we all live in different states.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicky, thanks for letting us share this with you, it's really brave thing to let people into your life especially when dealing with such a thing as you are. Let me know if there's anything I can do, even if it's just telling you all the silly things I've done lately to make you laugh... xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gretsky I always love a laugh xoxo

    ReplyDelete